Events in FFXV: ANE
Some of the biggest parts of the daily grind in FFXV: ANE are the events that we all know and love (or love to hate)! Whether you are a strict castle-builder or a fighter who aims to burn anyone who crosses their path, events are a staple in your everyday game-play.
This guide will give a quick rundown of some various events you will find in the handy tab on the right-hand side of the screen.
Since there are so many different events that have ever been run, this guide will focus on the ones that we have had recently and that may span all servers. If there are certain events that you would like to see presented here, please let us know on Line or Discord!
Without further ado, here is the handy dandy guide to EVENTS!
Also called Mega Events, these are multi-day campaigns where you accumulate points by completing other events or buying packs.
To demonstrate, here is a fake campaign:
- Taco Tuesday Mega Event:
- Collect Limes – 1 point
- Collect Tortillas – 100 points
In this example, you see the two types of “tokens” you need to gather to tier in the campaign. You will find the Limes in just about every event with higher tiers giving more Limes. Although the Tortillas would be rare outside of packs, they may be available in other places like the Moogle Market or special Proving Grounds.
Campaigns will oftentimes have a corresponding Moogle Market where you can spend the tokens that you’ve earned from events and packs to get even more stuff!
Don’t forget to open up any chests that you may have received in Guild Gifts or event leaderboard prizes!
The premium tokens that are available in packs (Tortillas in the above example) will net you rewards in Flash Events. These events will run a few times per day and have sweet, sweet prizes that make it worth taking the time to plan your pack purchases.
If you are buying multiple packs or BOGOs, maximize your rewards from the Flash Events and make your purchases throughout multiple Flashes. So, if you’re planning on buying four packs and the Flash maxes out after two, wait until the event resets to buy the remaining two packs. However, be very careful not to wait too long since the daily reset might make the pack you wanted to buy disappear or the Flash might not be running anymore.
Sometimes some events receive points whenever anyone in your Guild completes an action. It could be Guild Adventure Hall runs, Fishing (the HORROR), or even building and research. Each time a member of your Guild does what is required, the points add up and everyone in the Guild receives the rewards. The highest-ranking Guilds will get leaderboard prizes!
Guild Kill events will be discussed later.
Most players love kill events, but if you’re not a fan and you live happily in your bubble, you’re probably happy that most Kill Events have had a less-lethal option to get points. Although getting these risk-free points usually requires a lot of Hero MP.
Traverse into other Realms and get the most kills to dominate in the most popular Kill Event also known as RvR. Luna will usually gift you a few RvR Teleports, so there’s no excuse not to participate.
Here are some types of RvR you will encounter:
Just like it says, it’s going to be bloody and there will be FIRE! With march sizes of up to 500%, offensive attacks will be 5 times as lethal. If you’re not too sure about your defense, please stay in your bubble.
Capture Vaults an enemy Realm or your own and you will get points per second that you hold.
- Vaults will be reset at the beginning of the event, and may even get moved around the Realms so no one will have an advantage.
- After a Vault is captured, it will go into a Contested mode for six hours.
- When a Vault has been successfully held for six consecutive hours, then the Vault will go into a Protected mode for 24 hours and no one will be able to capture that Vault until it goes back into a Contested mode.
- Points will still accumulate during the Protected mode.
Guild Kill Event
Just like RvR, but you stay in your Realm and annihilate everyone else there. This will help alleviate some of the boredom if you have a Realm-wide peace treaty during non-kill times.
Neutral Realm Events
These will take place in a Realm that is not a home to any player. Luna will most likely gift you a teleport or two to get there, and might even have gifts at various times during the event as long as you are in the Neutral Realm.
A lot of time there will be boosts that apply ONLY in that Realm with each one having its own rules.
The dream world, where you pinch yourself to see if you’re awake and it doesn’t hurt. Seriously, nothing hurts in this Realm.
- The Hospital has unlimited beds (well, something like 10MT beds, which is thousands of times more than we have troops).
- Healing is free, no RSS, and no Speeds are needed.
- Your hero cannot be captured.
It is truly risk-free and everyone should go to see how well they fare against enemy marches. Then, you can test your might against someone and see how well you do, since your troops will end up right in your Hospital, ready to be healed. Bubbles are not allowed in the Carbuncle Realm, but why would anyone need a bubble anyway?
*****DON’T FORGET TO HEAL YOUR TROOPS BEFORE GOING HOME******
Just like the RvR of the same name, the Bloodbath Realm is a bubble-free FIRE FEST. Only the brave enter and only the strongest will survive. Since the Realm has a 500% march size boost for most troops, it’s either kill or be killed.
This is the Fort Realm, and you will be able to capture Forts similar to Vaults but without any Contested/Protected modes. This is a full-on battle to keep a hold of the Forts that provide boosts to you as well as your Guildmates. Learn more about how to boost yourself in the Disputed Realm Guide.
You better be prepared to hold your ground in the Realm of Bahamut because if you burn, you are immediately sent home in shame. There are four Battle Phases separated by Recovery Phases.
- No empire barriers allowed!!
- There is a limit on teleports during the Battle Phase, which will be refreshed during the Recovery Phase.
- There are no attacking other players during the Recovery Phase, but there will be other events, like troop training and resource trading.
- Phase is written so much that it doesn’t even look like a word anymore…
Fight to the very end and be the last fighter standing.
PvE is game speak for Player vs Environment. These are components in the game that you engage but are not another player (which would be PvP or Player vs Player).
Using valuable Hero MP, attacking monsters is one of the easiest ways to get loot or currency to buy items in the Moogle Market.
Check the event to see if points are rewarded for kill, damage, or engage. There are different strategies for each type and they are covered in the Guide to Hero MP.
This monster is found on the southernmost part of the Crystal Scar. It never dies and is despawned on Thursday, a day before a new monster is born.
These are found all around the map, ShieldShears is one of them even though they aren’t present in the Dark World. Now we have the Garchimacera and Assault Magitek. But sometimes the weekly monster is a Realm Monster, but for simplicity, all weekly monsters are usually called Realm Bosses in the chat and game.
- You can easily find these monsters using the Quick Search feature on the map.
Moogle Market or Pinata-Style
If a Realm Boss drops tokens, you can spend them in the Moogle Market to buy whatever you need to progress. Whenever it doesn’t drop tokens but instead a plethora of loot, that would be a pinata-style Realm Boss. So, act like it’s your nephew’s eighth birthday and whack that monster to get all the goodies!
These are some of the most liked events that ever happened in FFXV: ANE. Rebel Bases, Bandits, and Shrines where your whole Guild would rally to kill the most NPCs to get the best loot. Do you remember staying up for all hours and wasting so many march speeds to get gems?
Lately, most PvE Cities have been Moogle Market events with multiple Neutral Cities that have different requirements to hit them.
Free Cities vs. Buy-in Cities
You will probably see a few different types of PvE Cities with corresponding Moogle Market tokens. There is going to be one type that is free to hit and will give common tokens to spend in the Market.
There may also be up to a few other “premium” PvE Cities that have a certain prerequisite to hit each one. Whether it’s by adopting one or more new features or by buying special unlocks, it almost certainly requires at least a pack purchase. But, don’t let that stop you from grinding the free cities!
*****Use the Map Search feature to find the closest PvE City*****
These are hourly events that have prizes in them to help you build. Hero medals, RSS, Tomes, and more. They also reward you with the tokens needed to complete the Campaign event, so do as many of these as you can. Remember that these tokens might be redeemable in the Moogle Market.
Mini Events Tips and Tricks
Here are some ways to complete these hourly events as quickly and efficiently as possible:
If you don’t have any Guild Gifts to collect you can also get points for donating a Gift from your inventory. Don’t have any? Simply craft at least three giftable Level 1 Elemental Essence in the Magitek Converter. Then find them in your inventory and send them to a friend.
Capture or Banish a Hero 3x
The easiest way to complete this event is to capture heroes from empires level 15-19. These heroes are capturable but not able to be banished. They will run away almost immediately since the release timer is 0:00 due to your high-level prison! Do this three times and you’ve completed the event.
- Beware if you have Blitz Drive enabled since this will activate it and make you unable to bubble for the duration of the boost.
Check the event to see which tier of DARK RSS you need to collect. If you’re forgetful and might not remember to recall your march before the event timer is up, this will help: send just enough troops that it takes to gather the needed RSS (usually 50,000). When they are done collecting, your troops will march back home thus completing the event!
- Play around with the numbers of the first troop type on your list, to get a good number to send. Rather than sending 207, send 222 which is easy to remember and quick to type.
- It takes 127 of my top-tier elementals only 2:50 to collect the needed resources.
If you don’t want to waste MP, use the Custom Attack feature to hit a low-level mob however many times needed to complete the event (usually 20). ***This is probably more useful to younger servers since older servers have higher amounts of MP and the smaller mobs are easy to hit and kill***
Reinforce Guild Member
Simple, just reinforce the closest Guildmate. Use the quickest march preset (I keep low-level Cavalry on Preset 1), recall, and repeat until done.
- Again, be mindful of your Blitz Drive, and don’t get caught without your bubble!
Guild Adventure Hall
Since the Fishing Hut has been dropping almost a ton of contracts needed for the Gilgamesh Trial and Gems & Gear dungeons, that makes these the most cost-efficient. So, don’t waste valuable Dark Contracts for this event. Five hits are all you need, so you don’t even need to wear gear if you’re only in it to tier. Learn more about fishing in the Fishing Hut Guide.
There are only two Proving Grounds that count towards this event, Resourceful Retreat which uses Megalixir, and the Crystal Nexus Dungeon which uses Hi-Elixir. You can find Megalixir in the Disputed Realms Reward Chest that you get as Luna Gifts for holding Forts. The Hi-Elixir can be purchased with Loyalty!
If you’ve played for any amount of time, it’s obvious that there is a certain rhythm to events and how they are repeated.
Weekly Release Schedule
Instead of a constant bombardment of new features, you can expect a bundled release every Tuesday night (or Wednesday 00:00 UTC).
- Special Dark Events featuring the new release items will run for most of the week.
- The next few days will have spotlight packs and events for each new feature.
Monthly Release Schedule
While it might not be an exact schedule, there is a certain cadence when it comes to releases every month. Right now, we are in a sort of limbo in between having a new hero every month along with several new hero levels, increased VIP and Citadel levels, new gear, etc. Instead, we are getting two similar releases every week, with a period between that type of release. So, new troop types will be released two at a time for about a month before more troop types are released.
What do you think of this new release schedule?
- Fridays are usually the day that we get a new Realm Monster. These usually stay until they are despawned on Thursday night. If it dropped Moogle Market tokens, make sure you spend them before the Market ends on Friday.
- There are usually two multi-day Realm Boss events and a Last Chance Realm Boss event, so if you’re going to hit them a lot, save your MP for the events to be reset.
- Also, there are usually monster-hunting components to Kill Events, so kill two birds (or monsters) with one stone and get the Realm Boss and Kill Event points at the same time.
Holidays and Birthdays
We always get excited when a holiday comes up because it usually means increased events and possibly good packs to go along with it. There are a lot of heroes, which means a lot of birthdays to be celebrated in Eos, and coincidentally I share a birthday with Cor! (I am much younger, though).
Oftentimes these are the themes of the Campaign Events but they are ramped up to include fun activities. Special features are also a part of the festivities like Proving Grounds or Halls to run.
What’s Your Favorite?
- Anytime this question is asked, the answer is almost always BANDITS! Newer servers will say Rebel Cities, and everyone likes it when they get free stuff like Kingsglaive Gladio’s release where you completed the 10-day event and got an unlock for FREE.
- Free is always good in my opinion.
- Spenders will like the Flash Events since that will give them the most bang for their buck, especially if it coincides with a Moogle Merchant or Bonus Chest.
- If any events are missing from this article that you would like to see included, even if it is from a newer server, please let me know. If you have any tips for events that you would like to have added, drop a comment below.
Chat With Us
There is a whole group of people who like to help out and talk about what’s going on in the game. Join us on Discord and Line and get in on the conversation.
What to Read Next?
Make the most out of all your Hero MP and get even more points in all those Monster-Hunting events with the Hero MP Guide – Slay the Monsters.
If you’re not hunting monsters on the map, you’re probably hunting monsters in a dungeon, find out the best hero to use in the Guild Adventure Hall Guide.
Libertus New Hero Guide!