An entirely new research tree was recently added to the university: Adventurer Research.
This skill tree is unlike any of the other research found at the university. This article will take a closer look at what Adventure Research does and how you can unlock these awesome new skills.
What is Adventurer Research?
The first thing we noticed about the Adventurer Research is that is not a traditional skill tree like all of the other research categories at the university or hero skills. Adventurer Research is made up of individual skills that are not connected in any way. None of them have prerequisites, so instead of needing to complete early stage research in order to unlock advanced research skills, players can start researching as soon as they have the required amount of Fragments and Shards.
There are no resource or level requirement for any of the Adventurer Research skills, nor does completing research give you any additional power or hero EXP, however, this may change as we see more advanced Adventurer Research in future updates.
As soon as you start your first Adventurer Research, you’ll notice that the timer can’t be sped up with traditional or royal speedups. All of the skills in Adventurer Research operate on a special timer called Adventurer Time. For the time being, we haven’t seen any Adventurer Research Speedups anywhere in the game.
What can you Learn in Adventurer Research?
Adventurer Research is not a category of skills like all of the other research found at the University. Instead, Adventurer Research combines some of the best skills from various categories. Here is a picture of the full Adventurer Research tree.
Adventurer Research Maximum Skill Bonuses
Every skill under Adventurer Research has a maximum of level 20. Here are the maximum bonuses for each of those skills.
- +100,000 Reinforcement Capacity
- 100% Hospital Capacity
- 300% Resource Vault Capacity
- +2,000 Max MP
- 20% MP Recovery
- 10% MP Cost Reduction
- 40% Troop Load
- 40% Loot Tile Gather Speed
- 40% Gathering Speed
- 100% Troop Attack with Hero*
- 100% Troop HP with Hero*
- 200% Hero Attack
- 100% City Defense Attack
- 100% City Defense Armor
- 100% City Defense HP
- 200% Gathering Attack*
- 200% Gathering HP
- 40% War Spoils
- +10,000 Training Queue
- 40% Training Speed
- 40% Trap Building
- 100% City Assault Attack
- 100% City Assault Armor
- 100% City Assault HP
* These skills are unique to Adventurer Research and can’t be found in any other skill tree.
How do I Unlock Adventurer Research?
Fortunately, Adventurer Research was automatically added to the university – no pack required! As mentioned previously, the only way to unlock skills in Adventurer Research is with Fragments and Shards.
Each skill will require a different type of fragment or shard related to that skill. For example, to unlock Gathering HP, you need Gatherer’s Fragments, which can be acquired randomly when gathering resources.
Here is a full list of Fragments and Shards used in Adventurer Research:
- Secret gift fragment – Obtained by collecting the Secret Gift which will appear periodically while in your empire.
- Luna’s gift fragment – Obtained by collecting Luna’s gift which will appear periodically while in your empire.
- Monster Fragment – Obtained randomly from monster drops.
- Monster Shard – Obtained randomly from monster drops.
- Gatherer’s Fragment – Obtained randomly when gathering on a resource tile.
- Looter’s Fragment – Obtained randomly when gathering on a monster lair.
- Proving Grounds Fragment – Obtained randomly in the Proving Grounds.
- Expedition Fragment – Obtained from completing quests and events.
- Expedition Shard – Obtained from completing quests and events.
As you can see, Adventurer Research contains skills for every type of player – from traps, to attackers, and even farms! Since adventurer research is automatically accessible through the university, everyone will have access to these unique skills. It will be interesting to see how the addition of adventurer research changes gameplay in the coming weeks