- Mirror Hero Troops are forces that mimic your Heroes skills in combat. They are similar to Commanders of the Old Days. But they are made even stronger with specialized research that you can do for each one. From boosting your troops to assisting your Astrals, there is a Mirror that you will find useful for any situation. Check below for the stats you can get just for unlocking them. I’ve also included the max stats boosts for fully maxing out their research. So open up that University and get to studying!
Commanders and Mirror Troops Comparison
When Commanders were unlocked, they were awesome. You could open a chest and get a random Commander that you could add to your marches. Each one had its own boost that increased your troops’ stats. You could rank up the Commanders to get a higher stats boost. Similarly, with Mirror Troops, their stats can be updated, but this time it’s from research. Also, like Commanders, only one of each type will benefit you in a march or your Empire.
Mirror Hero Unleashed
This is the first research you need to unlock, and you will need 10M Unlock Dark World Troops and a level 100 University. Just by unlocking this, you get quite a few stat boosts. This enables you to start unlocking any Mirror Hero you wish.
What Mirror Hero Troops Do
When you add a Mirror Hero Troop to your march or Empire, it will increase the stats of the specific troop type or Astral present. So this makes them great for defense since you probably have billions of troops waiting for an attack. Increasing your Mirror Troops research will make your outgoing marches more powerful with the increased Mirror Troop capacity.
Researching In the University
The first thing you will see when you look in the University and go into the Mirror Troops tab is that they need to be unlocked. Next, if you scroll down, you will find that you can unlock any of the Mirror Troop types in any order. So, if your priority is to boost your Crystal stats, Ravus would be the first Mirror you would unlock. After a Mirror Hero is unlocked, you have two different stats that you can research to boost that Mirror Hero. Each research requires specific Mirror Hero Research Tokens. To unlock the Mirror Hero, you need 100m tokens for that Hero or you can get some Instant Mirror Unlocks in a pack.
How to Train
After you have unlocked a Mirror Hero, you can train them in the Training Grounds. Depending on your research, the amount of Mirrors you can have is limited. But like Commanders, you only need one to be active in your march or your Empire. They are really cheap to train, so don’t be afraid to send them off to their fiery death if it’s necessary. But they are the last to die, so if there are any living souls in your marches, your Mirror will live to tell the tale.
Adding in Marches
Back to research! Also, in the research tree are increases as to how many Mirror Hero Troops you can add to your own march or rally. This is crucial since these Troops are like adding multiple heroes in battle. Therefore they can be the deciding factor in your victory or loss. Maxed research will give you:
- +4 Mirror Hero March Size
- +12 Mirror Hero Rally Size
- +21 Mirror Hero Capacity (in your empire for defense)
Since each Mirror Hero Troop has its own benefit, it’s important to figure out which ones to get first.
Mirror Hero: Noctis
- Dark Enemy Debuffs: Debuffs the stats for enemy Dark Troops up to a max of 1.2M% and buffs stats for Core Troops attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 1B%
- Dark City Massacre: Increases the stats for Dark City attack, HP, and armor Massacre up to a max of 100%.
Mirror Hero Prompto
- Dark City Assault: Increases the stats for Dark City Assault attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 1M%.
- Dark Neutral City Massacre: Increases the stats for Dark Neutral Cities attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 100%.
Mirror Hero Luna
- Dark Mage: Increases the stats for Dark Mage attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 4M%.
- Shiva: Increases the stats for Shiva’s attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 700,000%.
Mirror Hero Ignis
- Ifrit: Increases the stats for Ifrit’s attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 700,000%.
- Dark Juggernaut: Increases stats for Dark Juggernaut attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 1M%.
After unlocking all these Mirror Heroes, you get to the first increase to adding these troops to your marches and rallies.
Mirror Hero Aranea
- Dark Airships: Increases the stats for Dark Airships attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 4M%.
- Dark Cavalry: Increases the stats for Dark Cavalry attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 4M%.
Mirror Hero Gladio
- Dark Hero Troop Boost: Increases the stats for Hero Dark Troop attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 1M%. (Pretty sure this is a Dark Troop boost with Hero, worded differently.)
- Dark Warrior: Increases the stats for Dark Warrior attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 4M%.
Mirror Hero Ravus
- Crystal Holding: Increases the stats for holding the Crystal for Dark Troops attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 1M%.
- Crystal Attacking: Increases the stats for attacking the Crystal for Dark Troops attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 1M%.
Mirror Hero Cindy
- Dark Mech: Increases the stats for Dark Mechs attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 4M%.
- Ramuh: Increases the stats for Ramuh’s attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 700,000%.
Unlocking everything up to here gets the second research for increasing Mirror Troops march and rally capacity.
Mirror Hero Iris
- City Defense: Increases the stats for Dark City Defense attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 100,000%.
- Leviathan: Increases the stats for Leviathan’s attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 700,000%.
Mirror Hero King Noctis
- Dark Core Troops: Increases the stats for Dark Core Troops attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 1M%.
- Dark Guardian: Increases stats for Dark Guardian attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 100,000%.
Mirror Hero Ardyn
- Dark Mercenaries: Increases stats for Dark Mercenaries attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 4M%.
- Titan: Increases stats for Titan’s attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 1.88M%.
Mirror Hero King Regis
- Bahamut: Increases stats for Bahamut’s attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 715,000%.
- Dark Rally: Increases stats for Dark Rally troop attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 2M%.
After all these, you get to the last research to increase Mirror Troop march and rally capacity.
Mirror Hero Gentiana
- Dark Astral: Increases stats for Dark Astral attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 5M%.
- Dark Elemental Bonuses: Increases stats for Dark Elemental attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 3M%
Mirror Hero Veteran Prompto
- Mount: Increases Mount bonus for attack, HP, and armor by up to a max of 12.5M%.
- Enemy Airship Debuff: Increases Debuff Enemy Airship bonuses for attack, HP, and armor by up to a max of 5M%.
Mirror Hero Veteran Gladio
- Dark Elemental Debuff: Increases Dark Elemental Debuff bonuses for attack, HP, and armor up to a max of 80M%.
- Dark Earth Troops: Increases Dark Earth Troop bonuses for attack, HP, and armor up to 100M%
Mirror Hero Veteran Ignis
- Mount Debuff: Increases Mount Debuff bonuses for Strength and Endurance up to a max of 100M%.
- Dark Fire Troops: Increases Dark Fire Troops bonuses for Attack, HP, and Armor up to a max of 150M%.
Mirror Hero Umbra
- Dark Troop with Hero: Increases Dark Troop with Hero bonuses up to a max of 100M%.
- Core Troop Supplies: Increases Core Supply Potency bonus up to a max of 15,000%.
Mirror Hero Pryna
- Dark Mech: Increases Dark Mech Bonus up to a max of 500M%.
- Mount Attack: Increases Mount Attack Bonus up to a max of 300M%.
Mirror Hero Gilgamesh
- Dark Attack Resistance: Increases Dark Troop Attack Resistance, Dark Elemental Attack Resistance, and Dark Mercenary Attack Resistance up to a max of 500M% each.
- Kings of Lucis Dark Troop Attack: Increases Kings of Lucis Dark Troop Attack up to a max of 300M%.
Mirror Hero Cor
- Dark Mercenaries: Increases Dark Mercenary Attack up to a max of 100B, Dark Mercenary HP up to a max of 25B%, and Dark Mercenary Armor up to a max of 100B%.
- Dark City Defense: Increases Dark City Defense Attack up to a max of 75B%, Dark City Defense HP up to a max of 10B%, and Dark City Defense Armor up to a max of 25B%.
Mirror Hero Glauca
- Monster Troop Cripple HP: Increases Dark Monster Troop Cripple HP up to a max of 500M%.
- Enemy Core Troop Debuff: Increases Dark Core Troop Attack Resistance up to a max of 750B%, Dark Core Troop Cripple HP up to a max of 750B%, and Dark Core Troop Armor Piercing up to a max of 750B%.
****Update to the “diminishing results” when using duplicate Mirror Troops. So, it looks like it could be beneficial to have more than one Mirror in combat, after all. Upon further review, certain Mirrors, even at a lower boost, could be more helpful than others. For example, two Prompto Mirror Heroes against a Neutral Empire could give better results than a Prompto and another one that matches your march type. As a result, you should always run tests to see what works best for your gameplay.
Mirrors can come in handy when you are joining in on a rally with your guild. If everyone has the max hero march, then three players will be able to add mirrors to their march. This is the time where Mirror Troops can really shine since you could add up to 12 different Mirrors to take advantage of every little boost that you can. Alternatively, you can add multiples of one or more if their boosts will help out, even if there is a reduced effect.
Don’t forget that there are more boosts for these focused troops that are available in various places (Astral skills, hero skills, etc.), so the stats posted in their research nodes are NOT the best they can get.
As I’ve said before, the best way to figure out your best setup is to test, test, test!
Even More Mirror Boosts
- As new levels are released for heroes, you can find extra boosts for your Mirror Hero Troops in their Mastery Skills trees. These boosts can be quite substantial compared to the original research nodes. For example, Ignis’ Mastery Skill for his Hero Troop: Ifrit has a boost of up to 28M%! While his original Mirror Troop research only boosts Ifrit up to 700,000%.
- Next, you can get more from the Power of Kings and Power of Queens skills trees. Six of the male heroes have a skill in the Power of Kings to unlock more boosts for the Mirror Heroes of Noctis, Ignis, King Noctis, Prompto, and Gladio. Likewise, every female hero has a skill in the Power of Queens skill tree to unlock more boosts for each female hero Mirror Troop.
- Another hidden secret is the Astral skill tree. If you need to boost up a certain Mirror Troop, check the corresponding Astral for a skill node that you can level up for fantastic results! Expect to see more as subsequent Astrals increase in levels in the future.
So, be sure to get these unlocked to further enhance your Mirrors for better combat results.
What Should You Have?
Even if you have all the Mirror Hero Troops unlocked, it doesn’t mean you HAVE to have one of each. Especially if you are an offensive attack player. Consider training multiples of some of these specialized troops. One to leave in your Empire in case someone tries to ambush you while you have a march out. Another few so you can send out multiple marches with the same Mirror Hero Troop in each march. Or, as I said earlier, you can try adding multiple Mirrors in a march to see if it works better than adding a different one. A lot of players have had success with two or more Prompto Mirrors against a Neutral Empire. Any time there is a new release, you might need to fine-tune your Mirror setup. Especially when there is a Hero or Astral update. Of course, we always try and keep up with the latest releases, so you’ll want to keep updated on www.ffxvanehub.com.
Well, if luck is on your side, the Mirror Troops chests gave you plenty of Research Tokens to complete the whole research tree. If not, you will have to decide which stats on each Mirror Hero troop you would like to have. For example, Noctis’ Mirror has the choice between Dark Enemy Debuffs or Dark City Massacre. If you are purely defense, the Debuffs would work out better for you. Likewise, with Prompto’s Mirror, the choices are Dark City Assault and Dark Neutral City Massacre. So if you’re an attacker, you may want to level up the first one. Since your Empire has its own unique stats, use the list above to decide where you would like to start. Research is permanent, even if the troops are not!
Like I said above, training multiples of a Mirror Hero Troop is useful when you’re sending more than one march at a time. It’s also nice to have a spare sitting at home in case of trouble. Also, utilizing more than one type in a march will further strengthen your attacks against your foes. They will never know what hit them when you’re sending a Noctis Mirror with his Massacre, and an Ardyn Mirror along with the Astral Titan. Certainly being able to customize each attack with Mirror Heroes along with your troop types and Astrals is crucial.
TIP: Adding Mirrors to a Preset- Mirror Troops are considered their own troop type when concerning march presets. So, to add them to a preset, you need to figure out how much of a percentage ONE is. If your Mirror Troop March Capacity is 4, then each one would take 25% of that march! If you’re going to have a Neutral Empire March Preset (mine is Preset #3), with two Prompto Mirrors, a Gentiana Mirror, and an Ardyn Mirror, then it would be:
- Prompto 50%
- Gentiana 25%
- Ardyn 25%
MATH IS FUN!
Defending Your Turf
The nice part about defending with Mirror Heroes is that you’re only limited to how many you’re allowed to train at a time. For this use, you absolutely do not need more than one of each type. If you’re lucky enough (or bought enough packs) to have all them unlocked, you can have one of each Mirror Troop. which would cover your butt no matter what comes your way!
Do You Need Mirror Hero Troops?
At this point, each Mirror Troop offers enough of a stats boost to make it worth having in your arsenal. Of course, you can pick and choose which ones would suit your style. But the ease at which you can train and retrain them help with even a spontaneous Crystal battle. If your guildmate doesn’t have an Iris Mirror, you can send one as a reinforcement to boost their City Defense stats. These versatile troops will come in handy no matter what the situation.
Reflecting on Mirror Troops
These troops boost your stats by the MILLIONS and are so easy to make. Also, they’re offered with just about every bundle pack purchase. Even more, the Mirror chests are even prizes in some events lately. This is awesome since they are one of the easiest ways to boost your Empire. What do you think of these hero twin troops? Let me know on Line or the FFXVANE HUB chat in-game.