The world of EOS as we knew it has been turned on its head and sent to the Dark Side. What does this mean for us? What stats matter? In this dark new world, players need to focus on Dark Stats.
Some areas are easy to see, such as in the new Research Trees. Other are hidden in older gems or gear. Keep in mind that the stats are now small. You’re not looking at the millions upon millions of stats anymore. Let’s take a look at where to find stats in the Dark World.
There are five trees currently in which Dark Stats can be found;
This tree consists mainly of unlocks for the different Troop types and combat skills. There are some nodes for Training Speed, March Speed, and Upkeep Reduction. The troop type unlocks require Unlock Dark World Troop Tomes, but the other researches only require Dark RSS. The researches in this tree are sped with Dark World Speed Ups.
The Research Rewards tree operates similarly to the Adventurer Tree. The different types of researches require different Tomes, which can be obtained in the Moogle Market. These use different speedups (just like the Adventurer Tree).
This tree primarily has research for economics, but it also has some combat stats. The researches require Dark World Speed Ups and Dark RSS.
At the bottom of the Astral Tree, there is Dark World research that is fairly cheap. However, it requires a good chunk of the Astral Tree to be completed first. That shouldn’t be much of an issue with the current packs, in fact, I was able to complete them all with diamonds and move through it relatively quickly to get to that section.
At the very bottom of this tree is research for Dark Troop Attack and HP.
There are currently three Heroes specific for the Dark World; King Noctis, Ardyn and higher levels of Iris.
He has both a normal skill tree and a Mastery Tree. His skill trees include both Combat and Economic Skills, along with skills to both hit the new Dark Monsters (and hit them harder).
Ardyn is the second Hero released for the Dark World. He has some fairly strong offensive boosts, as well as some production boosts. For more on Ardyn follow the link above.
Iris received some new life, with Hero levels up to 350. Her Dark World skill start at Level 300, with a focus on Defense and Crystal battles. For the first time she has a regular Hero tree, which is designated for Monster hitting skills, including an ability to hit Dark World Monsters at Level 317.
Additionally, all the older Heroes have one node in their Mastery Skills for Dark World Stats.
- Noctis: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor
- Iris: Dark City Defense Health and Armor
- Cindy: Dark Crystal Holding Attack
- Ravus: Dark Crystal Assault Attack
- Gladio: Dark Warrior Attack, Health, and Armor
- Aranea: Dark Cavalry Attack, Health, and Armor
- Ignis: Dark City Assault Attack, Health, and Armor
- Luna: Dark Mage Attack, Health, and Armor
- Prompto: Dark Rally Attack and Health
Currently the only Astral available is Bahamut. He has skills for Dark Combat, as well as normal troop combat and march size.
There are currently two Gear sets specifically for the Dark World (although they are broken into multiple sets like Ramuh), as well as some older sets that have some small stat bonuses.
Crimson Bahamut Gear Set
This set is specifically made for the Dark World. Just like Ramuh, there are different classes of the set. It can be leveled up and has set bonus increases.
- Balanced Bahamut: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor
- Defender Bahamut: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor, plus Dark Warrior, Mage and Cavalry Armor
- Commanding Bahamut: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor, plus Dark Solo March Size and Dark Rally Size
- Ravaging Bahamut: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor, plus Dark Warrior Attack, Health and Armor
- Mystical Bahamut: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor, plus Dark Mage Attack, Health, and Armor
- Charging Bahamut: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor, plus Dark Cavalry Attack, Health and Armor
- Crystal Bahamut: Dark Troop Crystal Attack, Holding Attack, Health, and Holding Health
Ultimate Grandmaster Archaean Gear Set
- Full Balanced Archaean: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor
- Full Invasion Archaean: Dark Troop Attack, HP, Armor, Cripple HP and Armor Piercing
- Full Attacker Archaean: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor
- Full Defender Archaean: Dark Troop Attack, Health, Armor and Enemy Attack Resistance
- Full Crystal Archaean: Dark Troop Crystal Assault Rally Attack, Holding Attack, Assault Rally HP, and Defense HP
- Full Commanding Archaean: Dark Troop Attack, Health, and Armor, plus Dark Solo March Size and Dark Rally Size
Additionally, Ramuh has very small amounts of Dark Troop stats (but not much).
There are entirely new gems for the Dark World; however, the old Aeon Gems do have Dark stats (you’ll see them in packs currently). You can also purchase these in the Moogle Market and win them in events. The new gems have “Dark World” in front of the name. See the new gems and stats here!
Starting at level 91, there are stat boosts in some of the building, just as before;
- Bank: Level 100 Maximum 1% Dark Troop Armor Bonus
- Ward: Level 100 Maximum 1% Dark Troop HP Bonus
- Barracks: Level 100 Maximum 1% Dark Troop Attack Bonus
There are all new Cores for the Dark World. Just as with Gems, they can be purchased, obtained in the Moogle Market, or won in events. They have “Dark World” in the name and Dark stats. You can see these Core and their stats in the Crystal Nexus, and they are combinable in the Armory.
There are new Oracle boosts for both Combat and Economics. These require Dark Oracle Dust.
There are several Monsters specifically for the Dark World with more to come.
Dark Havoc Fang
He boosts maximum stats at Level 100:
- Dark Crystal Holding Attack: 200%
- Troop Attack Bonus: 300,000,000% (*Note: This stat applies to OLD troops. This isn’t a Dark World stat, as old troops should still have some degree of consequence in battle.)
- Dark Troop HP: 200%
- Dark Cavalry Attack: 150%
- Dark Warrior Attack: 150%
- Dark Rally Attack: 200%
- Dark Troop Attack: 150%
Chaos Havoc Fang
At Level 100 it boasts the following stats:
- Troop Attack Bonus: 1,500,000%
- Dark Troop HP: 200%
- Dark City Defense HP: 150%
- Dark City Defense Attack: 75%
The Diner boasts new Meals and Ingredients specifically for Dark World stats. They are denoted by 3* and must be skilled in Ignis’ Mastery Tree.
Stats in the new Dark World look much different than before, which makes even small gains important. Be sure to find all the ways to boost your Stats, and take advantage of the events that are running, as they give decent rewards to be used to build up your account. Do you have any questions or comments about the Dark World stats? Let us know in the comments below!